How To: Tamagotchi Is Coming Back — Here's How to Play on Your iPhone Before Everyone Else

Tamagotchi Is Coming Back — Here's How to Play on Your iPhone Before Everyone Else

It's been a long time coming, but Tamagotchi has finally ditched its iconic toy egg and arrived as a mobile game. The new iteration is called My Tamagotchi Forever, and though it's currently only available in Canada, you can actually download the game anywhere and care for your very own virtual pet right now.

Tamagotchi created a worldwide craze when it was first released in the late 90s and has gone on to sell over 70 million toys since its inception. The game was insidiously addicting, requiring you to raise a virtual pet into adulthood.

My Tamagotchi Forever picks right up where the old game left off. You'll need to care for your virtual pet, provide affection and food, and make sure it has everything it needs for a happy life in general. To add to the realism, your Tamagotchi pet has a finite lifespan, and it's up to you to provide the care it needs to live a long, fulfilling life.

In addition to caring for your pet to old age, My Tamagotchi Forever includes tons of activities for your pet. From within the game's tiny village, you can buy clothes to outfit your pet, play mini-games and sports to keep it entertained, and visit landmarks to take photos of and share with your friends. So if you'd like to try the game on your iPhone or iPad right now, read further to find out how.

Download & Install My Tamagotchi Forever

To play My Tamagotchi Forever, you'll need to be running iOS 7 or higher on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Beyond that, you'll need to trick the App Store into thinking you're in the country where Tamagotchi is currently available as a soft-launched game — in this case, Canada.

To do that, create a new Apple ID using a valid email account and a realistic home address for Canada, then sign into this account on your iOS device. If you'd like more help with this part, we've got the entire process covered in detail at the following link.

Once you've set up your Canadian account, the rest of the process will work just the same as installing any other game. So head to the App Store and search for Tamagotchi, or tap the following link from your iOS device to get it installed.

As a soft launched game, My Tamagotchi Forever is technically still in development, so bugs and minor glitches may present themselves as you play the game. However, we tested the game on an iPhone 8, SE, and iPad Pro (all running on iOS 11.2.2) and encountered no problems. How is the game working on your device? Let us know in the comment section below.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

Cover image and screenshots by Amboy Manalo/Gadget Hacks

Be the First to Comment

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest