How To: Get the Hunger Games Movies for Free on Sasmsung Galaxy Devices

Get the Hunger Games Movies for Free on Sasmsung Galaxy Devices

If you like free stuff and own a Samsung Galaxy device, then you're entitled to two free popular movies in the Google Play Store—but you better hurry fast, because there's only a certain number of free downloads available.

The deal comes from Lionsgate, who is heavily promoting the new Hunger Games movie, Mockingjay - Part 1, and the two free movies up for grabs are Hunger Games and Hunger Games: Catching Fire. They're only giving it away to the first 200,000 downloaders (per movie), so act fast.

To get them, you have to first install Lionsgate's promotional Hunger Games Movie Pack app from Google Play. If you have any Samsung Galaxy device, you should try it out. Thanks to some sleuth work over on the Slickdeals forum, along with our own device installs, the following phones and tablets should be eligible, although some carrier restrictions may apply:

If your device isn't listed above, it's still worth a shot to give the offer a try. (If it worked for you on another device, let us know!) Once you've installed Hunger Games Movie Pack app, open it up and hit the #2 on the left side.

From there, you'll have access to not only the two feature-films, but their screenplays as well.

Tap on a movie to select it and you'll be presented with a redemption code—just select it to automatically redeem your free offer.

Once you've done so, all you need to do is hit the "Add to Library" option, and the movie(s) will be available through the Google Play Movies & TV app.

From the app, you can access the movie(s) whenever you'd like, as well as shoot them over to your TV via Chromecast or select smart TVs.

Let us know in the comments below whether you were able to get in on the free promotion, and which Galaxy device you were able (or unable) to do it with. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

5 Comments

i have a S4 and was redirected to googleplay to pay for the movies :-(

Tried on my Note Edge. No free movie for me >:-/

On Galaxy S4 I just got both movies...thanks for the info!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest